Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Do not read before bedtime!

So in preparation for all things zombie I have been reading some modern day genre classics. This is one of them. I hate World War Z. It fills me with dread every time I open its pages. It calls to me from by bedside table...."Read me, read my believable pages. Put yourself in the not to distant future, when the zombie apocalypse has been and gone and all that is left is the tormented accounts of the survivors".   See there is an up side,  there are survivors.

OK. So I'm actually really enjoying this, I just think my timing of reading it before bed is more than a little off.

The movie is coming out later this year and since the book is rather disjointed and told in documentary interview style I think it could be fantastic or blah, depending on how Hollywood treat it.

Anyway, if you are normally into non-fiction war memoirs, you should enjoy this. The "survivors" accounts are gritty and the Brook's descriptive style is is powerful to the point of nausea inducing.
Enjoy! Reserve from our library.

No comments:

Post a Comment